Dental Bridges Cary NC
At Alliance Dentistry in Cary, NC, we are committed to offering a wide range of dental solutions to enhance your smile and improve your oral health. Dental bridges are one such effective restorative option that can address missing teeth, restoring your confidence and functionality. In this guide, we’ll explore the benefits of dental bridges and explain why our experienced team at Alliance Dentistry is the right choice for your dental bridge needs.
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are custom-made prosthetic devices used to bridge the gap created by one or more missing teeth. They consist of artificial teeth, known as pontics, anchored to neighboring teeth or dental implants on either side of the gap. Dental bridges come in various materials, including porcelain, ceramic, and metal alloys, to match the natural appearance and strength of your existing teeth.
Benefits of Dental Bridges:
- Restored Aesthetics: Dental bridges effectively fill the gaps left by missing teeth, enhancing your smile’s appearance and improving facial aesthetics. The natural-looking materials used in their construction blend seamlessly with your existing teeth, providing a harmonious and attractive result.
- Improved Chewing and Speaking: Missing teeth can compromise your ability to chew food properly and articulate speech. Dental bridges restore proper dental function, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with ease and speak clearly.
- Maintained Dental Alignment: Gaps in your teeth can lead to neighboring teeth shifting positions, causing misalignment issues. Dental bridges help keep your remaining teeth in their proper places, preventing potential orthodontic problems.
- Preservation of Facial Structure: Missing teeth can lead to facial sagging and a prematurely aged appearance. Dental bridges help maintain the natural contours of your face, contributing to a more youthful and vibrant look.
- Enhanced Self-Confidence: Restoring your smile with dental bridges can boost your self-esteem and confidence. You’ll feel more comfortable and self-assured in social and professional settings.
- Long-Lasting Solution: With proper care and regular dental check-ups, dental bridges can last for many years, providing a durable and reliable tooth replacement option.
Why Choose Alliance Dentistry for Dental Bridges in Cary, NC?
- Personalized Treatment Plans: Our dental professionals take the time to understand your unique dental needs and concerns, developing customized treatment plans that best suit your situation.
- Expert Dental Care: With years of experience and continuous education, our dentists are skilled in providing top-notch dental bridge treatments, ensuring optimal results.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: We utilize advanced dental technology and high-quality materials in crafting dental bridges, guaranteeing a comfortable and effective procedure.
- Compassionate Care: At Alliance Dentistry, we prioritize patient comfort and satisfaction. Our caring team is dedicated to making your dental experience as pleasant as possible.
Are you missing one or more teeth? Replacing missing teeth is more important than simply making your smile look better. Teeth are made to work together, so when you lose a tooth, troublesome changes can occur in your mouth. Nearby teeth may tilt or drift into the empty space and teeth in the opposite jaw may also shift up or down into the space. This can affect your bite and place more stress on your teeth and jaw joints, possibly causing pain. In addition, teeth that have tipped are harder to clean, leaving them at a higher risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
Fortunately, there are a few options for replacing missing teeth, including dental bridges.
Types of Dental Bridges Cary NC
1) Traditional Dental Bridges
Traditional dental bridges Cary NC are the most common type of bridge. These bridges consist of one or more false teeth (pontics) and are held in place by crowns cemented onto the teeth adjacent to your missing tooth (abutments). They can be made of gold, porcelain-fused-to metal or all ceramic materials.
Traditional bridges can be used when you have natural teeth on both sides of the gap left by your missing tooth. The disadvantage of traditional bridges is that the adjacent teeth must be prepared by reducing their enamel to make room for the crowns that will be cemented on top. Since enamel doesn’t grow back, these teeth will always need to be protected with crowns, even if you later choose an implant to replace the missing tooth.
2) Cantilever Bridges
Cantilever bridges are another option for replacing missing teeth. They are similar to traditional bridges, but the false tooth is supported by an abutment on only one side, rather than on both sides. So if there’s only one natural tooth next to the gap, a bridge can still be fabricated.
Like traditional bridges, your dentist will need to prepare the adjacent tooth to support the bridge by removing its enamel. Because these restorations are only supported on one side, however, they may act as a lever and could result in fractured teeth or roots.
3) Maryland Bridges
Maryland bridges are considered a conservative alternative to traditional bridges. These bridges consist of a pontic that is held in place by a metal or ceramic framework. This framework is bonded onto the backs of the two teeth adjacent to the missing tooth. Since this type of bridge isn’t held in place by crowns, the adjacent teeth don’t need to be reduced.
While Maryland bridges are more conservative than traditional bridges, they do have their limitations. The strength of the bridge is dictated by the strength of the resin that holds it in place, so it may not stay in place in areas of the mouth where the teeth are subjected to heavy biting forces, like the molars in back.
Similar to traditional dental bridges Cary NC, these bridges are supported by dental implants instead of natural teeth. These are often utilized when multiple teeth in a row are missing. A pontic floats between two implant-supported crowns. Because these bridges are secured by implants, they feel very stable and comfortable, just like the natural teeth they replace. The drawback to these bridges is the length of time required for the entire procedure. It may take six months from when the implants are surgically placed to the bridge being completed.
At Alliance Dentistry, we can close the gaps in your smile with dental bridges. With several types of bridges available, you can feel confident that we have an appropriate solution for your missing teeth.
Contact Our Cary Dental Bridges Dentist
Dental bridges offer an array of benefits, from restoring your smile’s appearance to improving oral functionality and overall confidence. At Alliance Dentistry in Cary, NC, our skilled team is committed to delivering exceptional dental bridge solutions tailored to your unique needs. Regain the full functionality and aesthetics of your smile with our high-quality dental bridge treatments. Schedule a consultation today to take the first step toward a healthier, more beautiful smile.