Dental Crowns Cary NC
Alliance Dentistry has provided dental crowns Cary NC residents rely on and other dental services for years. If you are in need of a dental crown, you may have questions or concerns. When you’re a patient of Alliance Dentistry, you can feel assured that you will be informed of everything you need to know about the care given to you. All of your questions and concerns will be addressed. If you are in need of dental crowns, and you live in Cary NC, consider contacting us to schedule an exam with our experienced dentist.
Why Cary NC Patients May Choose Dental Crowns
If you are uncertain as to the reason for needing a dental crown, it is usually used to cover a damaged tooth. Teeth that are of different strengths, sizes, or shapes can be made to appear the same as the patient’s other teeth when a dental crown is placed over it. The crown is cemented in place as a permanent solution.
Alliance Dentistry and Cary NC Dental Crown Patients
If your dentist at Alliance Dentistry recommends that you consider getting a dental crown, it may be for one or more of the following reasons:
- A crown can protect a tooth that has become weak from decay or another reason. The crown prevents the weakened tooth from breaking or keeps a cracked tooth from breaking apart.
- A crown can restore a tooth that is worn down or broken.
- A crown can secure a patient’s dental bridge.
- A crown can cosmetically hide a dental implant, discolored teeth, or misshapen teeth.
- A crown can visually conceal and support teeth that have been largely destroyed by cavities and have been extensively filled as a result.
When Dental Crowns Are Favorable for Cary NC Pediatric Patients
Dental crowns are not just for adults; children can benefit from them as well under certain circumstances. Our dentist may recommend that your child receive a crown for any of the following reasons:
- When it is necessary to save or preserve a tooth severely damaged by decay and which is too damaged to support a filling.
- When proper dental treatment might otherwise require multiple treatments using anesthesia which may not be advisable for young children or when a young patient’s medical history prohibits the use of anesthesia. A stainless steel crown may be preferable.
- When a child’s tooth is at high risk for advanced decay due to challenges with performing recommended daily oral hygiene or else the enamel is unusually vulnerable.
The Types of Crowns From Which You Can Choose
There are several types of dental crowns that are available at our Cary NC clinic. Your dentist may recommend one type over another based on your lifestyle and oral hygiene needs. These are the most common types, all of which are suited for permanent crowns:
- Ceramic or porcelain
- Stainless steel
- Metal or metal alloys that are high in gold or platinum content
- Porcelain fused to metal
Contact us at Alliance Dentistry to schedule an exam with one of our dentists to learn more about dental crowns Cary NC patients recommend and find out if they’re right for you.