Teeth Whitening Morrisville
Alliance Dentistry offers teeth whitening for patients in the Morrisville, North Carolina area. Teeth whitening is a popular method for brightening teeth and enhancing one’s smile. LED light technology makes this possible. This state-of-the-art approach can lighten your teeth up to seven shades in as little as an hour. Alternately, you can choose to wear a whitening tray at home for several hours a day to lighten your teeth up to seven shades. To learn more about our teeth whitening services at our Morrisville office, give us a call.
Teeth Whitening for Morrisville Patients
Though many assume that the natural color of teeth is white, the enamel can be of different shades, and a patient’s teeth may not perfectly match in color. Some teeth may change color over time, particularly if staining occurs due to diet or smoking. When a Morrisville patient undergoes teeth whitening, it can make all of the teeth look more consistent in color.
Common Reasons for Why Morrisville Patients Need Teeth Whitening
As mentioned, a person’s teeth may discolor or stain if they are a smoker or drink certain types of beverages such as tea or coffee. Those who may benefit from teeth whitening at our Morrisville office may have suffered discoloration for any of the following reasons:
- Tooth discoloration due to genetics
- An injury affecting the teeth
- Taking antibiotics and certain other types of medications
- Use of tobacco, whether smoked or chewed
- Consumption of beverages and food that are high in tannins and other acidic or staining ingredients such as tea, coffee, red Use of fluoride when a child is very young and their teeth are still developing.
Choices for Teeth Whitening in Morrisville
You have several options for whitening your teeth, and our dentist can make recommendations for you after an exam. You may prefer gentle surface types of whiteners or stronger methods that can remove stains that are more severe. There are three main types of teeth whitening techniques used by patients in Morrisville:
- Toothpastes that include whitening agents to remove surface stains on teeth. This is the gentlest form of whitener and works using a polishing chemical. Because chemicals are not used, there may be a lower risk for side effects. However, they are not as effective as chemical products that can more dramatically lighten stained teeth. Whitening toothpastes work gradually and will normally take days or weeks to show results. They can be purchased without a prescription.
- Home use commercial whiteners can be purchased from our dentist. They are applied using a special tray, whitening strips, a rinse, or a special brush. A common ingredient is peroxide as it penetrates the tooth’s surface to lighten the enamel. Our dentist can examine your teeth and let you know for how long you will need to wear this whitener device.
- In-office teeth whitening at our Morrisville dental office. This method of whitening does not use peroxide and is substantially more powerful than whitening toothpastes and returns results much faster.
Achieve Whiter Teeth with Teeth Whitening Services
Are you looking for a way to brighten and whiten your teeth with Morrisville Teeth Whitening services? Teeth whitening is one of the most popular and easy ways to improve the appearance of your smile. Teeth whitening can help restore the natural color of your teeth and make them look healthier and brighter. There are several ways that your dentist can use the Teeth Whitening Service to make your teeth pearly white; read on below to learn more! With the help of a dentist from Alliance Dentistry, you can achieve whiter teeth in no time — scheduled your first appointment today!
Having a brighter, whiter smile can do wonders for your self-confidence and overall wellbeing. While there are over-the-counter whitening options available, the most effective and safest way to whiten your teeth is through in-office bleaching done by a trained dentist. The major benefit of in-office bleaching is that you get instant results. With at-home whitening treatments, you typically have to use the treatment several times over a few weeks before seeing any change. In-office bleaching provides the opportunity to instantly transform your smile in one visit; our Morrisville teeth whitening service can safely and effectively lighten your teeth in just one appointment. Our team of experienced dentists will assess your teeth to determine which type of bleaching system will work best for you.
If you want to whiten your teeth, but don’t like the idea of using trays, laser bleaching is an excellent alternative. Laser bleaching is a quick and easy way to achieve whiter teeth, and can be done in just one visit to the dentist’s office. The process begins with your dentist applying a special bleaching gel to your teeth. Then, they use a specialized laser to activate the gel and brighten the color of your teeth. This method does not require any trays and provides results faster than traditional teeth whitening methods.Talk to your dentist about laser bleaching today to find out if it is right for you.
Teeth Whitening Toothpaste
Before you make the jump to bleaching, our dentists can help you determine which tooth whitening paste is best for your teeth. There are several different types to choose from:
- Enamel Whitening Paste: Enamel whitening paste works by gently removing surface stains while preserving the enamel on your teeth.
- Stain-Removing Paste: This paste is designed to remove stubborn surface stains from your teeth.
- Charcoal Toothpaste: This type of paste is made with activated charcoal, which absorbs plaque and bacteria on your teeth.
- Peroxide-Based Toothpaste: Peroxide-based toothpaste helps to break down the proteins that cause tooth discoloration.
- Natural Whitening Toothpastes: Natural whitening toothpastes contain ingredients like baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and essential oils that help to whiten teeth without causing irritation or damage to the enamel.
With all those options, how do you choose? Consult with one of our dentists today to determine which toothpaste will work best for you.
Brush-On Bleaching Gel
The way it works is quite simple: you simply brush the bleaching gel onto your teeth and wait for it to take effect. The gel contains a powerful whitening agent, which works to break down the stains and discoloration on your teeth. After about 10 minutes, you will be able to see the difference as your teeth become noticeably whiter.
Out of all these options, which is best for you? Contact a dentist at Alliance Dentistry about their Morrisville teeth whitening services for help deciding!
Teeth Whitening Morrisville
If you or a loved one are interested in whitening your smile, it would be in your best interest to contact Morrisville teeth whitening and schedule a consultation today.
Why do teeth become discolored?
Teeth may become discolored for several different reasons. Aging can greatly change the color of an individual’s teeth. Genetics also plays a contributing factor, for example, if your parents or grandparents had discolored teeth over time, the chances are high that you will as well with age. Tobacco use is a large reason why teeth are yellow, and brown over time. Beverages that are high in tannins or acidic such as coffee, tea, and red wine can alter the tooth’s color. Injury to the teeth, illness, and certain medications can also discolor a person’s smile.
How can a person change their teeth color?
Although it may seem difficult to know where to start, stains and discoloration on teeth are fixable problems. Patients who desire a whiter smile have options, depending on their needs and desired approach. Whether professionally, or at home, patients can benefit from improved self-confidence and an effortless smile. Those desiring whiter teeth can improve their smile with one dentist’s office treatment if they so desire, or longer with the help of teeth whitening gels or toothpaste. However a patient decides to whiten their teeth, they have options to do so.
What are some examples of at-home teeth whitening options?
Without harsh chemicals, a whitening toothpaste slowly polishes teeth over time to remove stains. Since it is a toothpaste, it will be less potent, and not as drastic or quick of a whitening process as other options. At-home treatments can take weeks or months to see favorable results. A brush-on bleaching gel is another at-home option for those wanting a whiter smile. In as little as ten minutes, a patient may see noticeably brighter, and whiter teeth. The gel does contain a powerful whitening agent which works to remove stains on the teeth.
What whitening treatments are offered in a dentist’s office?
Although some individuals may try to whiten their smile at home using strips or trays, they may not evenly whiten, or see the results they want. Patients desiring the brightest, quickest, and safest teeth whitening experience should consider teeth bleaching at a dentist’s office. During a one-time visit at Alliance Dentistry, Morrisville teeth whitening patients will receive a thorough tooth bleaching that will leave their smile evenly white. Laser bleaching treatment done at a dentist’s office is safe, quick, and extremely effective. Patients who want to see fast results should be encouraged to pursue whitening treatments at a dentist’s office, rather than at home.
Why should patients consider whitening their teeth?
Those with discolored teeth may be hesitant to share their smiles with the world. Rather than be expressive with friends, family, and coworkers, those with stained teeth may feel embarrassed, and hide their smiles. A bright and whitened smile can boost an individual’s confidence. Don’t hide your smile because of uneven discoloration, but be proud of your smile, with the help of professional whitening. Whitening your smile is an easy way to stand out, and shine. Don’t wait, but give yourself the smile you deserve, by calling Alliance Dentistry for a Morrisville teeth whitening service today.