At Alliance Dentistry, we’re committed to serving our community in as many ways as we can. From giving presentations to local elementary school students to providing free mouthguards to local high school athletes, our team is wholly dedicated to giving back to our neighbors and friends in and around Cary. When it comes to dental health, we believe education is key! For this reason, we’re proud to announce our new Smiles in the Community Scholarship, which will be awarded to one outstanding student.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- This scholarship is offered to any student currently enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or accredited community college program in the United States. First-year college students who are high school graduates (or possess a GED) are welcome to apply.
- The candidate must be able to show proof of admission or attendance (e.g., a transcript or acceptance letter) at an accredited educational program, as stated above.
- The scholarship candidate must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
Please submit the following documents in order to be considered:
- An updated resumé or C.V.
- A current unofficial transcript from the candidate’s college. Incoming first-year college students may submit a current unofficial transcript from their high school and a copy of their college acceptance letter (PDF file format is preferred).
- A brief essay response (1000 words maximum) addressing the following:
Why are you pursuing a degree in the healthcare industry and what are your future career goals? How will you use your education to give back to our community in the future?
In order to be eligible, scholarship candidates must submit their FULL application (written essay, transcript, and resumé) via email. The application deadline is December 15, 2017. Applications missing any of the required materials following this deadline will not be considered. The winner will be announced on February 1, 2018.
Official transcripts are not required. All materials may be sent to the following email address: [email protected]
Recipient of the previous Alliance Dentistry Scholarship:
Drs. Timothy and Maureen Raczka are delighted to announce that the recipient of the 2017 Alliance Dentistry Scholarship is Joanna Stampelos. Joanna is a summa cum laude graduate of the University of Delaware and will be attending Rutgers School of Dental Medicine this fall. While at the University of Delaware, Joanna held numerous leadership positions, served as a teaching assistant and tutor and volunteered over 500 hours assisting in the medical and dental care of underserved individuals locally
The Alliance Dentistry scholarship recognizes and provides financial support to a student who has demonstrated academic excellence – and a commitment to community service and positively impacting the health care industry.