There are a variety of reasons that you might be in need of some type of braces. Whether you’ve always had an unbecoming smile and a crooked bite, or you failed to properly maintain the bite that your braces from younger years corrected, sound orthodontic health can prevent future complications in your jaw, mouth, and the rest of your body. We’ve listed six of the most common reasons why you might need orthodontic treatment, and if you feel like any of them may afflict you then you should feel free to schedule an appointment with us today to figure out whether Invisalign® or ClearCorrect™ braces are the right treatment for you.
6 Common Reasons You May Need Braces
- Crossbite: With your mouth closed, some of your upper teeth rest inside your lower teeth, causing jaw misalignment and tooth stratification
- Crowding: Your teeth cannot have insufficient room to grow out of your gums
- Openbite: If your upper and lower teeth do not touch when resting, then you most likely have openbite and are at risk to develop serious problems chewing and in your jaw.
- Overbite: Do your upper teeth extend disproportionately beyond your lower ones, perhaps to the point that your lower teeth sometimes bite the roof of your mouth when chewing? If so you could suffer from overbite, and may be a good candidate for orthodontic treatment.
- Spacing: Spacing issues occur when teeth are awkwardly splayed, and they are easily corrected through orthodontic treatment.
- Underbite: With an underbite your lower teeth extend beyond your upper ones. This usually signifies correctible jaw misalignment.
I Have a Bite or Tooth Problem, What Should I do?
At our office in Cary, NC, we encounter many patients with problematic bite, jaw, and tooth alignment issues that braces can remedy. We take pride in carefully advising our patients on the orthodontic solution that makes sense for their specific concerns, constraints, and needs. We would love to meet with you to discuss your unique orthodontic situation.
While Invisalign® and ClearCorrect™ braces can both work to repair the six bite, jaw, and tooth issues expressed above, they provide unique benefits to the people who wear them. The differences are expressed below.
- Both plastic aligners are tailored to the shape of your bite.
- Treatment adapts with changes to your bite alignment.
- Braces are worn almost all the time, but do not impose restrictions on what people who wear them can eat/drink — like braces do.
- Invisalign® offers a wider selection of clear braces.
- Pricing may be different for either treatment.
- ClearCorrect™ braces are typically more smooth than Invisalign® braces are.
The choice between Invisalign® and ClearCorrect™ treatments will furthermore depend on your unique orthodontic situation. In order to determine which clear braces make the most sense for you, schedule an appointment with us at our Cary, NC office today.